Delta Golf Course Grounds Crew
As part of our Grounds Crew Maintenance Team, under the direction of the Supervisor or Supervisor’s Assistant to perform landscaping duties as well as maintenance of the golf course and surrounding features.
Required to operate power and manual equipment and/or tools such as large mowers, cutters, and other types of equipment tools.
Help maintain plants by planting, transplanting, cultivating, irrigating, and pruning. This role will also apply herbicides, fungicides, and pesticides to destroy undesirable growth and pests.
Grounds Maintenance staff will strive to ensure the safety and accessibility of the course’s grounds to all users, at all times.
. Commitment to Health and Safety
. Time Management
- Ready the course for a steady flow of golfers throughout the day
- Operate power and manual equipment and/or tools such as large mowers, cutters, and any other types of equipment/tools
- Performing custodial operations on golf course grounds
- Cutting grass on the tee boxes, fairways, roughs, fringes and greens
- Irrigating the course and working on its watering system
- Sodding, trimming, and applying fertilizer and pesticides on and around the course
- Ensuring the safety and accessibility of the course’s grounds to all users
- Maintain plants by planting, transplanting, cultivating, irrigating, and pruning
- Apply herbicides, fungicides, and pesticides to destroy undesirable growth and pests
- Use of tools such as weed eaters and handheld gardening tools, to cut and shape the grass and surrounding trees and shrubbery
- Perform light maintenance of Golf Course equipment
- Pull weeds around bushes, trees, and flower beds
- Thoroughly inspect the grounds to spot potential hazards such as sinkholes, flooding, cracked or damaged paths, debris, and animals
- Prepare soil by rototilling and fertilizing
- Apply mulch to designated areas
- Prepare soil; plant bulbs, seeds, and cuttings; graft and bud plants; and transplant seedlings and rooted cuttings
- Ensure in-ground sprinkler systems are in good working order, changing sprinkler heads when necessary
- Record information, such as: chemicals used, and environmental conditions, to maintain required records
- Detect, report, and control plant health and pest problems
- Understand pertinent legislation including fertilizing regulations
- Identify potential and current pests and diseases, performing techniques such as integrated pest management to control mitigate plant pests/diseases
- Previous golf course experience is an asset
- Valid BC Driver’s License
- Perform tasks that require physical strength and endurance
- Work skillfully with your hands to do a variety of tasks
- Ability to utilize weed trimmers, tractors, mowers, and miscellaneous hand tools
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated time management skill
- Knowledge of landscaping machinery, parts, and their functions
- High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Solid understanding of horticultural techniques
- Flexible hours subject to seasonal demand, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Extended periods of working outdoors in all kinds of weather
- Exposure to hazards associated with the industry/trade
- Extended periods of physical manual labor
- Physical ability to stand, stoop, bend, and kneel
- Lifting, moving, or manipulating heavy objects
- Working in an environment subject to frequent temperature changes
Acknowledgement and Agreement
The above description reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the
principal functions and duties as required for proper evaluation of the job and will not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in
the job. Employees may perform other related duties and tasks as required to meet the
needs of the operation.
Full Time, Part Time depending on experience & availability.
Am and/or Pm shifts, Weekdays & Weekends.
Apply by EMAIL ONLY. (No phone calls will be accepted.)
Thank you, Management Delta Golf.